PDA

View Full Version : Another new German guy

Flo
04-13-2012, 02:38 PM
Hey guys,

my name is Florian (or just short Flo), I'm 31 years old and come from Germany. Just like Marc, who posted previously to me in this forum and introduced himself. We're friends and he showed me this website. And since I used to live in th US from 1999 'til 2005 (El Paso, TX) I thought it would be fun to register here.

I gotta say that I don't drive 500, but owned another Fiat model before switching to Alfa Romeo, one of the subsidiary brands of Fiat. And I think, the 500 is a pretty cool car.

My first car was a '95 Honda Accord. Got no pics of the car.

Here is a picture of my 2006 Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 l Diesel (75 hp) (SOLD):

And this is my actual car. 2008 Alfa Romeo GT 1.8 l (140 hp):

Greetings,

Flo

neubauerjoseph
04-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Hey, so I want to know that how reliable is the new fiat 500? Do you know anyone with a 2007 fiat 500?

neubauerjoseph
04-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Also welcome, help us Americans know about the true fiat and tell us about the wonderful Italian car that arent here yet.

David
04-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Hi Flo, welcome to the site. That is a beautiful Alfa you have there. I also like the Punto, especially the abarth version :D

David
04-13-2012, 03:46 PM
I have only been to Germany once, and basically just to refuel, so I don't know much about Germany but from what I saw it was a beautiful country. How did you like El Paso?

Flo
04-15-2012, 09:41 AM
Thank you guys for welcoming me so nice here.

@David: Germany is indeed a beautiful country. You got everthing here from sea to the Alps. Just the gas prices are ridicolous.
I loved El Paso. I know it's just desert there, but I can't say anything negative about the city. I've been there for vacation last September to meet old friends and just wanted to see what has changed there since i left. And it felt like comong back home lol
And about the Punto: Oh yeah, the Abarth version is bad ass. With the top engine you got 180 hp in that little car. It's like a little rocket!

@neubauerjoseph: Well, Fiat has improved here in Europe a lot since about 2005. In that year the new Grande Punto came out. Compared with the old Punto it was an improvement of about 100%. The old Fiat tended to rust, but the new ones since about 2005 don't have that problem anymore. Just technical problems are still present until today. But I always say you can have the same problem with a BMW or Mercedes. Another nice Fiat is the Fiat Bravo. It's a compact car with the size of a Volkswagen Golf. You can only buy the Bravo in Europe, but I think it would have its fans in the US as well. Just like the Punto. I think many young people would buy that car.
Btw: I don't know anybody with a 500. But it's mostly driven by women here in Germany. Women love those little cars.

Other than that I hope that Alfa Romeo is gonna put many models on the US market. I'm curious when they really start to sell cars again in the US.

Greetings,

Flo