Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

FIAT Forever! Your homepage for everything FIAT, FIAT 500, and Abarth.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Ordered my Abarth!

Hi Guys, I ordered my Abarth on May 22. Delivery is expected end of June to mid-July. I'm very excited and looking forward to being a Fiat owner again.

I do hope the site admin will fix the name of the Abarth group (now misspelled Arbath).

Linda

FIAT Forever!
    Thanks

Thank you for pointing that out. It has been corrected

Thanks
    Hey Linda,

Welcome to fiatforever.com. I hope you have much fun with your new car. I read in the German news that the Abarth 500 is sold out for this year. Or not? since you've had many luck.

Greetings
    Marc from Germany

Thanks

Hi Marc,

I read last week that the 2012 Abarth is sold out in the US too. I ordered mine on 22 May, so it must be that they have sold out in the last month. The dealer where I ordered my car told me they had an allocation of 16 cars and had sold 8 (before mine). I'm glad to hear they are selling well. I would love to see Fiat be very successful here.

Thanks for the welcome. Are you currently a Fiat owner? I have been told that my car has been built and is currently being shipped to my dealer, so I should see it by the end of June. I'm glad I don't have to wait for the 2013 model.

Linda

5. The Following User Says Thank You to echohawk For This Useful Post:

marc (06-24-2012)

Thanks
    Hey Linda,

From 2005 to 2009 i had a Fiat Punto. This model you can find in europe or mexico. Now i have an Alfa Romeo (159 Sportwagon from 2008). It is a trade from Fiat, too. I hope you can get the car in the end of the june.

Where do you come from? Do you see the Fiat 500 often in your state? In the German News i saw many commercials for the fiat 500 in the usa. A good friend told me the people in america like bigger cars than the fiat 500? (example: SUV)

Have a nice day
    Marc

Thanks

Hi Marc,

I had to google the 159 Sportwagon, and it is a nice car, as is the Punto. I wish we had more available like that here. I have heard for the last few years that Alfa Romeo will be back in the US soon, and now they say in 2013.

I live in Colorado, north of Denver, and I have only seen a few Fiat 500s on the road here. It's possible that there are more of them in the East or in bigger cities. I live about 40 miles from the nearest dealership. The only commercial I have seen was the Abarth commercial that played during the SuperBowl (American football championship), but my husband says he has seen a different one on television recently.

Your friend is right about Americans liking bigger cars. Where I live many people have SUVs or trucks. I have a 2001 Toyota RAV-4, which is small compared to most SUVs and has a 4-cylinder engine. Smaller cars like Honda or Toyota are popular, but we don't have a lot of really small models like are available in Europe. In the last few years as gas prices have increased, I have seen more small cars on the road. I still don't think our gas prices compare to those in Europe. Don't you have very high gas prices? I have heard that ours are subsidized by the government (probably under pressure from the oil companies, who don't want us to start conserving fuel!).

The other thing that Americans prefer is to have an automatic transmission. I had never thought about this because I always have the manual transmission, but a friend who moved here from France noticed that almost everyone he met had an automatic transmission. I think that takes a lot of the fun out of driving, not to mention affecting performance.

I hope that as more people see the Fiat 500 on the road, they will become interested in them and start to buy more of them. Thanks for your questions. Hope you have a nice day, too!

Linda

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to echohawk For This Useful Post:

David (06-25-2012),marc (06-24-2012)

Thanks
    Hey Linda,

sorry... i was busy last days.

Thank you for your answer. Yes the alfa romeo 159 is a nice car and i will be never sold it ;-) Yes, Fiat plans the trade Alfa Romeo in america but I don't know which models will be come. I hope the people in america will be buy the 500, too. They can save much money and much gas. The price of gas in germany is higher as in the usa. Now, one liter costs 1,59 Eur (1,99 USD). Our government heavily taxed the gas and they increase it more and more. The american trucks are very rare here. Most of the people in germany can't pay the expensive gas for big Trucks or 8-Zylinder SUV. In Europe many cars have a manual transmission. I think you have more fun with a manual transmission. I live in the german eifel (near the nuerburgring) and i need a manual for the high mountainstreets. (especially uphill).

I have seen commercial with jennifer lopez and charlie sheen here in germany ;-) You can get many editions from the 500. (Example: gucci edition or us edition: http://www.fiat500.de/special-editions)

Which engine will your 500 have? 1,4L with 170hp?

have a nice start to a new week!
    Marc
    Last edited by marc; 06-24-2012 at 05:15 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to marc For This Useful Post:

David (06-25-2012)

FIAT Forever!
    Thanks

marc here is another great thread on FIAT 500 Special Editions:

http://www.fiatforever.com/threads/6...ecial-editions

Thanks

Hi Marc,

We are having a busy summer too. We live at the eastern edge of the Rocky Mountains, and drive in the mountains about once a week to go hiking at Rocky Mountain National Park. The mountain roads will be fun for the new car, which should be here soon. It has a 1.4L engine and 160hp.

I did some math and discovered that you are paying about 2.1 times the cost of fuel as in the US. Our price per gallon (1 gallon = 3.785L) is $3.56 (USD). I guess that is why Americans are not as concerned about efficiency as they should be. I think that we are not taxed enough, and many Americans agree that we do not invest in our roads and other infrastructure as much as we should. Our gas prices have gone down a little bit this summer and because demand is low and the economy is poor.

Thanks for writing. I have had a lot of fun learning more about Germany. I have heard of the Nuerburgring, and wonder if you have gone to any of the Formula One races? It looks like you live in a very beautiful part of the country.

Linda

13. The Following User Says Thank You to echohawk For This Useful Post:

marc (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Hey Linda,

i think the part of your country (rocky moutains) is very beautiful, too. Can you drive much serpentine in the mountains? That makes a lot of fun here in the eifel. I drove the Fiat 500 Twin Air for a test and it drove like on railes. I live in the village/town cochem. This Town is on the river "moselle". I upload here a picture from this town (restrict "cond"):

Yes! Our Gas prices are very high when you compare the prices in the US. Our government taxed the gas in three times. We have an environmental tax, a petroleum tax and the VAT on the gas. (circa 90 Euro cent from 1,59 Eur are taxes)

I'am not a Formula 1 fan. I like the Touring/Tuning Cars Races/Series. They drive several times in a year. One of the classes is the "VLN endurance race". You can also drive with your own car a lot of weekend at the year on the nuerburgring, but it is dangerous. Many People call the nuerburgring the green hell. In 2007 i was driven with my EX-Fiat Punto on this circle at a touristic-drive but i prefer to drive as a co-driver.

I have read about the fires in the forest in colorado in the daily news. Are you concered, too?

Daer linda. Thank you for writing. I would to learning more about the usa, i plan my holiday in usa in 2014.

Greetings
    marc

@david: Yes, i forgot the esse esse editon. It is very rare on German roads. i think this low-weight car with round about 170/180hp will you see more on everything racetrack in Germany .

(sorry, my english is not the best)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01547.JPG‎
Views:	147
Size:	3.00 MB
ID:	484   Click image for larger version

Name:	kP230611_15.41.jpg‎
Views:	339
Size:	456.3 KB
ID:	485  
    Last edited by marc; 07-06-2012 at 05:26 PM. Reason: editing for language