Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

FIAT Forever! Your homepage for everything FIAT, FIAT 500, and Abarth.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

Fiat 500 1.4 multjet to the us?

I have heard talk about bring the diesel engine to the us since the jetta tdi is selling well. What do you guys think? Tell me about why or why not. I think if they do its going to be a different motor than in eu.

Thanks
    I personally always thought of diesel as dirty. That's why is the cheapest fuel on the market. However, semis use it. I prefer a car that runs on more cleaner, more efficient fuel.

Thanks

well, really I read a website that said it it burn cleaner than the Gas version, plus it get way better MPG about 20-40% better. you could possible get 60 MPG EPA on the highway. Fiat said that the new mult-jet II is about 15 % more power and 10 % mpg than the Multjet 1. so I have heard that if the multjet II comes to the USA it would look like this EPA 53 MPG city and 61 MPG highway. Also I would expect that it were to have 95-101 HP and about 160 lbs. Plus one thing you dont think about is that the engine last a bit longer than, a gas car. but with fiat techonlogy diesel will be under $20k.

Thanks
    Diesel may seem dirtier. However, as far as I understand they now have more advanced catalytic converters for this type of engine now. Thus, they supposedly emit less chemicals into the air.

Thanks
    I prefer unleaded and/or part ethanol gas over diesel. However, sometimes the engines of diesel sound very cool.

Thanks
    Yeah unleaded is better IMO.

Thanks
    I always use unleaded anyway, would not use anything else.

Thanks
    [ QUOTE=RacingRenee;1939]I personally always thought of diesel as dirty. That's why is the cheapest fuel on the market. However, semis use it. I prefer a car that runs on more cleaner, more efficient fuel.[/QUOTE]
    I agree that the diesel engine may not be as fuel efficient or as clean, although I also agree that advancements have been made in the catalytic converters installed on people's cars as someone else has mentioned.