Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

FIAT Forever! Your homepage for everything FIAT, FIAT 500, and Abarth.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Article
  1. How to change wiper blades

3 Comments by David Published on 02-13-2012 11:22 AM

If your wiper blades are just smearing water across the glass rather than wiping it off, they need replacing. You should also check them regularly for cracks and brittleness. We recommend that you replace them at least once a year with official Fiat wiper blades - you can buy these from any dealer. Theyíre always willing to do the job quickly and safely for you if you donít fancy doing it yourself. Your vehicle handbook will give you specific details about your modelís requirements.

Step one

Raise the windscreen wiper arm off the windscreen. Position the wiper blade so that it forms a 90į angle with the arm. (You may want to take a digital photo of the blade set-up before you remove it Ė just in case you get stuck later.)

Step two

Press the tab of the coupling spring and remove the blade from the arm.

Step three

Get the new blade and make sure you have it the right way up. Fit the new blade by inserting the tab into the special slot in the arm. Make sure itís properly locked into place (you should hear a click), and check that itís sitting flush to the windscreen.

Step four

Lower the wiper arm so that the blade sits neatly at the base of the screen. You can test that it wipes properly by turning it on, but donít test it on a dry windscreen as that will damage your nice new blades.

2. Total Comments 3

Comments

Thanks
    It might be that time of the year again. This is a very straightforward guide and I think I should really not procrastinate changing my wipers anymore.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark12 For This Useful Post:

David (02-22-2012)

Thanks
    I won't have to worry about changing my wipers for awhile. My car is new. I will be looking up this guard next winter though, probably. Depending how much I abuse my car. LOL But it's my baby, so I shouldn't.

Thanks
    I don't have my own car yet, but I think I could change my brother's wipers with this guide.

Similar Articles

1. Re: Engine change-help needed
    By Fiat Forever in forum FIAT Europe
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2012, 05:51 PM
  2. Re: Engine change-help needed
    Last Post: 02-11-2012, 10:10 AM
  3. Re: Drivers wiper arm snapped