Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

FIAT Forever! Your homepage for everything FIAT, FIAT 500, and Abarth.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fiat Viaggio

FIAT Forever!
    Thanks

Fiat Viaggio

Fiat Viaggio: world preview at the Beijing International Auto Show

Fiat presents the first official snap-shots of the Viaggio, a totally new model which will have its world preview at the Beijing International Auto Show on Monday 23 April this year.

Viaggio (voyage in English and its Chinese name Fei Xiang meaning flying) is the first Fiat-Chrysler twin project which brings to life an all-new world class vehicle with high levels of refinement and craftsmanship that breaks the mould in China’s compact sedan segment.

The new Fiat Viaggio sedan delivers a unique blend of power, fuel efficiency, sophistication, technology and vehicle dynamics, beautifully clothed in a distinctive Italian design.

The new four-door, five - passenger Fiat Viaggio is based on the CUSW (Compact US Wide) architecture - the most advanced within the Fiat Group – which is also the basis of the new Dodge Dart, recently presented at the Detroit Motor Show last January. The CUSW architecture is, in turn, derived from the Compact architecture originally developed for best-selling Alfa Romeo Giulietta.

At 4,679mm in length, 1,850mm in overall width and with a 2,708mm wheelbase, the Viaggio is the new C-segment benchmark. With this car, Fiat brings the very best of its technological know-how, design and refinement to the biggest selling segment in China.

The Fiat Viaggio will be the only car in its segment to exclusively offer sophisticated turbo-charged engines; the 1.4L Tjet in both 120 hp and 150 hp outputs matched to either a 5-speed manual transmission or the latest Dual Dry Clutch Transmission (DDTC) developed by Fiat Powertrain.

Designed by the Fiat Group Style Centre in Torino, the Viaggio has a timeless, clean-surfaced expressive exterior design that blends fluid and curvaceous forms with strong proportions. A contemporary Fiat “face” ensures unmistakable brand identity. Rear tail lamps with refined LED lights deliver an image of superior quality. The new Fiat sedan will be the first car to be produced in the new Gac-Fiat World Class Manufacturing plant in Changsha, Hunan province. The first cars will be produced from July and will go on sale in the third quarter of this year.

Also at the forthcoming Beijing International Auto Show, GAC-Fiat, Jeep, Chrysler, Maserati and Ferrari will jointly have a strong presence in Luxury Hall E4. The Luxury Hall E4 of the China International Exhibition Centre aims to offer Chinese customers the synthesis of the present and future view of the Fiat-Chrysler Group and its willingness to become a key player in the significant Chinese market.

FIAT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	fiat_viaggio_tag_ns_41312_717.jpg‎
Views:	201
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	378   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fiat-Viaggio-rear-teaser-623x389.jpg‎
Views:	217
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	379   Click image for larger version

Name:	fiat-viaggio-teaser-01-opt.jpg‎
Views:	211
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	380  

Thanks

They should bring this to the usa not dodge dart, imo. I think fiat is just better.

Thanks

Did I fail to say I want one? This should be the next car fiat bring to the usa. They need a car to go against the focus and jetta.

Thanks

I think this should come to the usa! I want one

Thanks
    This one looks cool!! I hope they bring it soon.

Thanks
    Hey I have not heard much about this, sounds great. Hope they bring it over soon too.

Thanks
    Oh man this is a cool one!

Thanks
    Any news on when it will come to the US?

Thanks
    The Viaggo sounds like a promising new addition to the Fiat family. I'd like to see an enlarged pic of the entire car in different views.

Thanks
    I would love to get the Viaggo if it does come to the US, I looked at it through Google images and it looks like a neat car.